Odds and Ends
A lot has been going on lately. Dave and I had a wonderful weekend. We went to this wholesale flower place on Saturday to get some trail flowers for our wedding. I am trying not to spend too much money on this endeavor but fresh flowers are just SO beautiful. Originally, I thought I could pull off a wedding for 160 guests for $5000. I soon learned this was fantasy thinking. I have since doubled my budget and I think we are doing pretty well at sticking within that goal. By far the biggest expense has been the venue and we actually got a major discount on the venue. I wanted something private so we opted to just rent a vacation home with a large backyard. That way family and out-of-town guests had a place to stay and nobody has to drive to a reception after the ceremony. Because of the discount on the place we rented, Dave and I decided to book for three nights instead of one. This way we have a night to set up and a whole day to recoup after the event. OK…back to the flowers. We ...
Comments
Post a Comment