Medical School, MD/PhD, Becoming a Doctor, and My Life
Lucky
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Today I feel lucky....for getting past this flu, for having the time to crochet, for finishing another research presentation, for moving forward on my presentation, for the Indian food at lunch and the cupcake at dinner, and finally for love.
A lot has been going on lately. Dave and I had a wonderful weekend. We went to this wholesale flower place on Saturday to get some trail flowers for our wedding. I am trying not to spend too much money on this endeavor but fresh flowers are just SO beautiful. Originally, I thought I could pull off a wedding for 160 guests for $5000. I soon learned this was fantasy thinking. I have since doubled my budget and I think we are doing pretty well at sticking within that goal. By far the biggest expense has been the venue and we actually got a major discount on the venue. I wanted something private so we opted to just rent a vacation home with a large backyard. That way family and out-of-town guests had a place to stay and nobody has to drive to a reception after the ceremony. Because of the discount on the place we rented, Dave and I decided to book for three nights instead of one. This way we have a night to set up and a whole day to recoup after the event. OK…back to the flowers. We ...
Dear Ellie Belly, Sorry it has taken me so long to write you your first letter. You came into this world 4 days early. I was trying to make it to my final midterm but you had other thoughts. Given how long your sister took to come out, I figured we has time but your birth was fast and furious. I went into labor around 6pm the night of 2/24/20 and barely made it to the hospital in time for an epidural at 8:30pm. I pushed you out in 4 pushes and you beat your sister in weight by 1 oz. Since coming home, you have been a great baby. We didn’t have the breastfeeding issues or the weight issues I had with your sister since I knew what I was doing this time. You did have a bit of jaundice and we suffered through the bili blanket for a few days but thankfully that has all resolved. Around 1 month, we were having a really hard time burping you after feeds, You would cry and cry and your dad and I had to take turns holding you at night. We were al...
So I finally took the beast today and I guess it wasn't as epic as I though it would be. In my mind, it had been a life or death situation. I literally dreamed about it countless times last week. All in all, I have to say that I'm feeling pretty shitty right now. I just hope I passed and with a decent enough score to get into residency. Yuck. I keep thinking about all the questions I missed. Things I should of known (and did at one point) like the difference between positive sensing and negative sensing RNAs etc. I "lucked" out with a ton of pelvic anatomy questions and a ton of repro questions but luckily, I had studied for repro using pathoma. I do think I failed every anatomy question though....sigh...here's to praying that it all works out in the end... I guess I have never felt good after standardized exams. I'm not particularly good at them...SAT gave me nightmares, MCATs made me cry...at least I didn't cry after the test today lol. My family la...
Comments
Post a Comment