Pediatrics Rotation

Pediatrics rotation is over and I can’t help but breath a sign of relief. While I loved it, it was also very challenging and I’m glad it is over. Because I don’t have a lot of time this year, I decided I will only blog between rotations so before I start psych, let me share some thoughts about peds:

Things I loved:
- how resilient children are
How nice everyone is and how collaborative they seemed. I did overhear some grumbling but not as much as I expected. It seems that most pediatricians are happy and would pick the same career all over again.
 Inpatient peds because the cases are more challenging and I got to really take ownership of my patients
- The flexibly to do either outpatient or inpatient in the future and along with that, the ability to still subspecialize into cards, gastro, or something else
- The free food. There was always food and it was always free.
- Global aspect: a lot of the doctors are able to do humanitarian work abroad

Things I hated:
- Evaluations. It is hard as a third year because you really don’t know anything yet everyone is constantly judging you. It doesn’t bold well for the self esteem.
- The hours. It seems that peds residency would be tough on a family but enough people are doing it so I will have to reevaluate.
 The girl:guy ratio. In all honesty, I’d rather be the only girl instead of with a bunch of girls
- Lack of true research opportunities: it would be hard to have my own lab in peds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?