Dear Caila 8 months

Dear Caila bear,

You are almost 9 month old now. In the last few months you have grown a lot. You are now 22lbs and 99th percentile for weight. You know how to crawl though you drag one leg like your cousin Avery. You especially like to stand and will climb on anything you can. It seems like you are so eager to move sniff sniff.

I love this age! I love that you can play by yourself and I especially love that I am your favorite person. When I walk into the room, you always just want me to hold you and I am ok with that. Someday you won’t want to snuggle anymore so I will take all the snuggles I can get.

Going back to school has been hard but I know you are well taken care of. You light up when you see your cousins and you love being mischievous with them. At Auntie A’s, there is a walker that you sit in and I am amazing you can navigate everywhere in it. You truly are getting smarter and smarter every day.

About 2 weeks ago, we moved you into your own bedroom. You are right next to ours so I can still hear you when you cry but you handled the transition well. You still occasionally wake up needing us but for the most part, you sleep through the night. This morning, I got up at 7 and just stared at you sleeping peacefully in your crib. Even though you are close, you somehow felt so far away…so grown up.

We are trying to introduce more solid foods. You like chicken, fruits, and the food pouches we got at Costco. Aunt Lilly has been home this past week and you quickly warmed up to her. You love it when she plays with you. As summer turns into fall, we are trying to take you places so you can enjoy the last remnants of summer. We are especially excited to take you to uncle Kevin’s wedding in November.

It is a joy to watch your personality come out. You are mischievous, observant, happy, and overall a great kid. You can say mum when you are upset and you will wave “bye bye” to people. You are still the light of my life we are so excited for what the next few month will bring.
















Love
mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?