Here's to being guilty of too much fun

It has been awhile and all I have done is play (with work squeezed in between). Here is a recap:

First I went to Zion with Alex to teach wilderness med again. We skipped Angle's landing because my friend Ashlie's bf had a busted knee but then we decided to do east rim trail and it was not only steeper but longer then angle's landing. Many hours later, we were exhausted but it was beautiful:


Then Alex and I went to Lava Hot springs in Idaho where we spent a weekend relaxing. The hotel we stayed at had a gigantic hot tub that we filled up with mineral water. Alex brought rose pedals and we soaked for a long time.....loved it/him!

We then went to San Francisco for a friend's wedding. Alex and I had a good time eating and just hanging out with Lilly:





After we got back, we decided to be super active:




And this past week, I went on a road trip with my roommate and her friend. We went to vegas, yosemite, napa, monterey, and back to vegas where Alex joined us for one night:









On the work front....I had my abstract meeting 2 weeks ago. My commitee picked a topic but they wanted me to expand on it so I've spent the past 2 weeks reading and fixing my abstract to their liking. I've heard that prelims are hard but I didn't realize you had to jump through so many hoops! To say that I am stressed is an understatment. On the bright side, I really like this topic. I'm proposing to look at neurotransmitter signaling in probiotic/host interaction. Yes I am a nerd but over 100,000,000 bugs colonized our intestines and it boggles my mind that we still don't know exactly how they are helping with pathogen/immune defenses.

I am going to work really hard these next 4 weeks to write the 25 page final proposal and prepare for my prelim exam on the 31st so won't be blogging till after but I really hope I pass. Blah! Time to buckle down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?