Passed!

YAY! I passed my prelims which means I am officially a PhD candidate. I thought I would be ecstatic but to be honest, I was kind of blah about the whole thing. I think a part of me really liked being in prelims because I got to set my own schedule and I didn't have anyone breathing down my neck during that time.

After prelims, Alex and I had three whole days before he left for China/Taiwan. We ran errands, have a blast at lagoon, and just enjoyed each other's company. Now he is aboard for a conference and to visit his relatives. I miss him.

Getting back into lab has been hard. The person I thought I would be working with for the next few years has been moved onto another project. I understand but I feel really alone. I'm trying to juggle two projects and one I have no clue where it is headed. My boss wants a millions things done and I just worry I won't have enough time to do all that AND make a paper so that I can get out in 3 more years. There is no way I want to stay more than 3 years especially because I HATE it. I don't know. I like doing research but I think the environment is just not right for me. I also think that if I had to do long distance for many many many years, I would be sad.

Speaking of sad, my grandmother passed away. Though I wasn't as close to her as I was to my grandfather, it was still very sudden. She is only 80 years old and last time I saw her, she was in perfect health. It doesn't help that she died from the same thing as my grandpa: brain aneurysm. I will miss her I'm sure.

Tonight, I'm too exhausted to write anymore. I hope next time I write, I will have more/better things to say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?