We accept the love we think we deserve

So I broke up with A yesterday. It was hard and took me a lot of thinking but I think it was for the best. I believe that love should be easy for the most part and that two people should not have to compromise so much. I also believe that communication is key to any relationship and I realized that A and I were just bad at  it. I never wanted to tell him my feelings for fear of angering him or pushing him away and when he gets upset, he just ask for a break. Such a relationship could never work and instead of torturing myself, I decided to let things go.

That said, this relationship has taught me a lot about who I am and what I want. I still think A is a great guy and hopefully some lucky girl will love him like he deserves some day but I also think I'm pretty great too. I know that is very arrogant of me but I believe I deserve a great love. I believe I deserve to want to come home to someone each day and wake up by their side each morning. I think relationships are hard and I don't look forward to getting back in the dating pool but I'm still young and willing to hold out for the right person. For now, I'm just going to enjoy being single :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?