Prepare for Departure

Ah! The last week has been a whirlwind! Thanksgiving was wonderful. Dave and I spend it with my family and my dad cooked a feast. We had 2 of my parent’s friends over and their relatives. After everyone stuffed themselves on chinese food, we had fruit tarts and chocholate cake. Then, Dave, Lilly, my mom, and I played Sequence while Felicia drew.

In our family, Sequence has become a board game staple. We tried other (non luck based) games but my mom is brilliant and she always won so we decided we would rather use sheer luck then our brains. Anyways, after three rounds of sequence, we did decide to try Clue. This is a game we haven’t touched in years because of said mom winnings but in the holiday spirit, we gave it a go. I won the first round by sheer luck (literally my first guess). Then, to our surprise, Lilly beat mom….guess we will be playing Clue again after all!



On Friday while most people went black Friday shopping (why is it black?), Dave and I woke up early to cook cheesecake, cookies, and mini apple pies. We then headed to Dave’s parent’s house where we just hung out till the hot pot dinner feast. It was glorious but I feel like I gained 10 pounds. So much for bikini body lol.

Speaking of bikinis…I am packing mine right now because vacation time is coming! In just 2 days, I will be on a plane to Hawaii then Morocco! I can’t wait!!!!

In case you think I have too much joy in my life…my paper got rejected without review. I guess they were slower because of the holiday season but darn! I really had my hopes up! The reasons for rejection were not completely valid so my boss has written an appeal but I am steeling myself for further rejection.

This comes at a bad time because this is my last week before my vacation and I really wanted to go on vacation stress-free. If the paper is again rejected, I will have to re-write it while traveling and I hate working when I want to have fun.  In addition, I have a ton of lab work I have to get done before I go. My goal is to have experiments going while I am away so that I can reap data when I get back. Busy busy busy!

I also have to do all my Christmas shopping early this year so in the effort of saving time, I have purchased most of my gifts online. I got amazon prime to speed up the process (in the hopes that everything can be wrapped before I leave). However, we just got 24hrs of snow which is making the roads really unsafe so who knows if the gifts will get here in time for me to wrap them.


Ok. I think I’ve rambled enough. Happy Holidays and I may not write again till I get back

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?