Transition

First work week since the holidays has passed and it went better then I thought. I’ve managed to be fairly productive and my weeknights were booked with dinners, volunteering, and book club. I didn’t actually make it to book club because I had a lot of work last Wednesday but such is life.

Of note is that I saw American Hustle last week. It was really good! Dave and I didn’t get to see each other till Thursday but we had a good Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. On Friday, he cooked me dinner (yum!) and we hung out. Then on Saturday, I had to teach since the new semester just started. Because I was teaching, Dave went to Sundance volunteer training without me but we met up with some friends for lunch and then picked up our volunteer gear. This year’s color is bright/baby blue. It like it but I have to say that it doesn’t look so hot on guys. All well ;)

Yesterday, Dave and I took Felicia to Hollywood connections which is a weird conglomeration of all things fun. They had roller skating, mini golf, arcade games, a few rides, and some other stuff that we weren’t able to partake because it wasn’t included in the day pass. Felicia loved the rides but I think I am getting old. There is this one ride where you sit in a hot air balloon basket and you can spin yourself. Felicia loved it but I got super nauseous. I think my motion sickness is getting worse.

At least I am not as old as my dad who turned 55 Saturday. It is weird because in my mind, he is forever in his forties. He looked fairly good for a 55 year old but each year, his birthday kindof catches me by surprise. I guess I don’t like thinking about mortality and his birthday always forces me too.


Finally, I was sad today to hear that Sam from the documentary “Life According to Sam” has passed away. He was 17 years old which is a lot older then the average life expectancy in kids with progeria but his story touched me deeply. Here’s to Sam.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?