Retrospection

A LOT has happened since I last wrote:

1) I got engaged!!! I kind of saw it coming but the actual proposal was a surprise. I came home late on Sep 10th. Dave and I had planned to go on a picnic so when I got home, I changed and he asked me to grab a blanket. When I went to the basement, there was a picnic laid out with candles, flowers, and a basket with two stuffed animals (one holding a ring pop). It was such a surprise!

2) I started wedding planning. We found a nice venue for an intimate wedding but gosh, weddings are expensive! It is also hard to please everyone. I am trying hard not to stress about it but it is hard.

3) I went to Bali with Dave and some friends. It was interesting. I think Bali is great if you want to just stay in one place and relax but we moved around quite a bit so it wasn't as fun. It was also really really hot!

4) I went to Hawaii. This was a last minute decision to join a trip my parents had planned ages ago. It was great to have the whole family together.

5) Work wise, we submitted our manuscript but it got rejected so now we are planning a resubmission to another journal. Having been through the process once before, I find that I am not as stressed or concerned. Mostly I am looking ahead to next year: to graduation, the wedding, a service trip to Haiti, and finally returning to medical school.

That's it for now

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?