Doing nothing and everything

I have been thinking about what to write but nothing is coming up. I have a loooonnnng laundry list of things I need to do but I can’t seem to cross even one thing off my list. This is mostly because I am dependent on some other people for most of these things but it is driving me crazy.

Amongst the things I need to do are some more research papers. I am trying to collaborate with some ophthalmologists to beef up my resume but one of my experiments fell through this week (because the samples were bad) and the other one is stalled because I have to meet with the PI to go through the data. Blah

I guess I am also a bit nervous because there are so many changes ahead. I will no longer be working in a lab, Dave is changing jobs, I will be married soon, and I won’t be able to travel as much. So much change in a short amount of time makes me really nervous. OK...enough compliant. 

Some developments:

I celebrated my 28th birthday! Eeek I feel old. Dave and I went to Ikea to pick up wedding stuff and lunch. I love Ikea! We then went mini-golfing. There were two courses...I won the first one and he beat me pretty bad on the second so I suspect he was just letting me win on the first. We got dinner at Takashi which is this AMAZING sushi restaurant I haven't tried. The wait was long (about an hour) so we walked to a bar and got martinis (haha...so classy and so unlike us). It was a lot of fun:






In other news...I've been doing work at random places:



And my friend Kay and I started collaborating on a case study/systematic lit review on sub epidermal calcinosis of the eye. It is super rare but really interesting!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?