ARVO fail and Vegas Weekend

I am attending ARVO in a few weeks and am super excited about it. I haven’t gone to an ARVO conference since college. It is the largest ophthalmology conference in the world so it’s a lot of fun and most presentations are interesting/relevant to what I am doing.

As part of the program, there is a Thesis in Three competition where you make three powerpoint slides on your research and narrate it to a broad audience for 3 min. I had worked super hard on my presentation because winner get an all-expense trip to next year’s conference but alas, I was told they never received my powerpoint. Thus, my presentation wasn’t even judged. As disappointed as I am about this, I did learn a valuable lesson (one I should have known): you must ALWAYS confirm your submissions! I am glad that this wasn’t my residency application or something more important!

Ok. That aside, I went to vegas this weekend with Dave and his family and it was super fun. We basically ate the whole time (I am still not hungry!). We started Thursday night with hot pot in slc, then on Friday, we had McDonalds, lots of car snacks, and pho/ice cream for dinner. We with to an amazing Taiwanese shaved ice place and even though I was stuffed from the pho, I still ate A LOT of ice cream. Unfortunately, I didn’t think to take a picture but hey….no evidence right?

On Saturday we had shake shack on the stripe. Then we walked around for a bit till we decided to go back to the apartment for swimming. We ended the night with all you can eat Korean bbq and cake.  I thought this was it since we were heading home Sunday but we went to breakfast at Egg and I (I had a huge veggie skillet) and when we got back to SLC, we had hot pot AGAIN! I feel like I need to work out all week to compensate for the over eating






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?