Done!!!!

So I finally took the beast today and I guess it wasn't as epic as I though it would be. In my mind, it had been a life or death situation. I literally dreamed about it countless times last week. All in all, I have to say that I'm feeling pretty shitty right now. I just hope I passed and with a decent enough score to get into residency.

Yuck. I keep thinking about all the questions I missed. Things I should of known (and did at one point) like the difference between positive sensing and negative sensing RNAs etc. I "lucked" out with a ton of pelvic anatomy questions and a ton of repro questions but luckily, I had studied for repro using pathoma. I do think I failed every anatomy question though....sigh...here's to praying that it all works out in the end...

I guess I have never felt good after standardized exams. I'm not particularly good at them...SAT gave me nightmares, MCATs made me cry...at least I didn't cry after the test today lol. My family laughs because I stress so much about these things but somehow, I've never been able to let it go. At least I have a month of blissful oblivion before the score comes out....wish me luck!

Doctors say that once you get into residency, the Step will seem inconsequential. I am sure they are right but in this moment, I have knots in my stomach because for the life of me, I still don't know what gives you circular forhead rashes and arthritis. At least the experience was humorous:

I decided (after taking a practice at the center) that it would be more economical to wear gym shorts without pockets so I didn't have to turn out my pockets each time I took a break (and I took 6). This resulted in me showing up looking like I wanted to workout...shorts, white T, pony, hairband, and all. The pometric ladies actually commented on how "comfortable" I look. Lol...I know I look like crap....no euphemisms needed. What made things even funnier is when my flipflop broke during my first break from sitting...SITTING! One minute they were fine and the next thing I knew, one was behind me as I started to walk back in to the testing room. So, I ended up not only looking like a slob the who time but a barefoot one at that!

On the bright side. It is done. I have cleaned up my desk, put away my books, and am now trying to enjoy some time off before I have to start work in the morning. If god willing, this will work out because damn, I studied hard for this!

Comments

  1. Hey "In Limbo Land",

    I randomly found your other blog, the one in which you posted your MD/PhD essay (random Google search), and basically read your posts and was delighted to find that you still are blogging as an MD/PhD student!
    I would love to connect more with you, exchange emails, or maybe just have you check out my blog (rrrenzo.blogspot.com).
    But, it'd be awesome if you send me an email at lorenzo.sewanan@gmail.com !

    your blogging is great, btw,
    keep it up!
    renz.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?