New Year New Goals

Happy New Year! It has been so nice coming home to family/friends after a vacation away. I have decided nobody should come home from a vacation just to start working right away! Dave and I celebrated Christmas with my family and his. We had several game nights (one more to come tonight) and we ate a lot. In the words of my sister, we have gained a “layer of winter fat”. Here are some pictures from Costa Rica

So much eating every day!!!

Weirdo and her boyfriend

Too fat for a two-piece haha


Sad to leave

I have slowly started to study again but I really have very little motivation. After getting some rest and reflecting back on the last few weeks, I think I was definitely burned out. I really am not doing too bad overall but I think I could afford the break I talked about in my last post. Haha….the competitive side of me still wants to regain my motivation and try for honors in surgery but I think for my mental health in the long run, I should probably slow down a little….esp since I still don’t know what I want to go into!  I oscillate between optho and internal med and just quitting. Perhaps I need to make this decision after the year is over…when I have more time to think. Here are some pictures from the last week:

What Dave got me for Christmas. I am in love with the earring from paradise pearls but I am more in love with Dave. He has been a saint this year.

Delicious Christmas food Chinese style courtesy of my dad

<3 These two

Game night!

On a lighter note, I am grateful I made it to the New Year. I remember looking ahead last year and being scared about finishing my PhD and transitioning back to med school and now, here I am. What seemed so scary before is second nature and I can see that I’ve come a long way. I hope this year brings the same growth (maybe with less challenges please ;p). I am nervous about finishing third year in one piece, studying for step 2, applying for residencies, and traveling for interviews. So goals for 2016:
1. Finish third year with my sanity intact
2. Decide on a specialty
3. Spend as much time as possible with family and friends
4. Grow as a wife, daughter, and sister
5. Explore the US more (weekend getaways are in order)
6. Try to do what is best for my patients and my family
7. Laugh as much as I can
8. Be more positive

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?