MBA/Baby/Life

I know I haven’t been great at keeping up with this blog. I now have plenty of time on my hands and yet, I just don’t want to do anything. Perhaps I am making up for last year where I had very little time but all I want to do these days is veg out on the couch. This could be because I am pregnant! Yes….25 weeks pregnant to be exact. We have been keeping it hush hush for awhile because I didn’t see the point of advertising it on social media but now that all our close friends/family know, I am ok with writing about it here. Needless to say, Dave and I are super excited…and scared. This will be our first child and I am super nervous about the labor process itself.

I have had a great pregnancy so far. Besides some cramping pains at the beginning and some occasional discomfort, first and second trimester have flown by. I think third trimester will be a bit harder but what I really worry about is the labor and delivery part. I mean, I’ve seen it dozens of times on OB last year but it’s one thing to see something and another to experience it yourself. That said, I have full faith in my OB and am looking forward to actually meeting nugget.

School-wise, I am officially 5 weeks in and loving it. I don’t love the quizzes/exams but overall, I find the classes interesting (especially economics). Unlike med school, business school involves a lot of assignments….there’s 1-3 case studies due every week, homework assignments, reading assignments, reading quizzes, etc. I feel like most of the battle is just keeping track of everything and staying on top of the work.

I can’t complain. I only have 2-3 classes each day and only on Mondays-Thursdays so I have a three-day weekend EVERY week! Wednesdays are by far my longest days because I have a 4 hour class in the evening but hopefully this will mean I don’t have to take as many classes in the fall when Nugget gets here.

In between getting use to the MBA program, I am doing one extracurricular activity; the Lassonade Venture Development Program. The program is designed for students to get business expertise and I am working with a small biopharma start-up company to come up with at strategy to market. It is a lot of work but interesting and I think useful for what I want to do in the future.

As for the future, I still don’t know what medical specialty I will enter or even if I will do a residency. I am leaning towards internal medicine since it will allow me to transition into healthcare administration but I am also still thinking about optho and peds. Who knows. I think for now, I just need to give myself some distance and then slowly reflect on the past year.


Don’t know when I will feel the urge to blog again but hopefully soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?