March Madness

Ugh, can’t believe it’s already March. I am officially halfway through spring semester and I have to say, it doesn’t feel like it. This is partly because I haven’t really gone to class and partly because the baby has consumed my life. Caila is now over 2 month old and she is SO cute. Life has settle a bit. Yes, breastfeeding is still hard but not as hard as before and Caila is starting to settle into a routine. She has been such a good baby the last week! She is sleeping 3-5hr stretches at night and napping independently during the day. I still cuddle her and wear her at times but next week is spring break and I want to get her napping by herself throughout the day so that’s what we will be working on.

I still can’t believe I am a mom. It is so weird how much life has changed. Instead of hanging out and watching TV at night, Dave and I are frantically trying to get Caila down, eat, shower, study, etc but she is so worth it. Her smiles and coos make my day and it’s just fun watching her. In fact, she has distracted me from caring about my classwork. I am settling for Bs at this point but lets be honest, she is only going to be this little once and finance/accounting principles won’t be changing anytime soon.

I have to take a lot of summer MBA classes to make up for the maternity time off but at least most of them will be online. In addition, I am transitioning back to medical school this July. I have decided to go into Pediatrics. I was scared that having a child would make me too sentimental for peds but having Caila made me realize that’s not the case. In fact, I think I will be more empathetic to crazy parents since I now know what they are going through.


On the agenda this summer is lots of outdoor activities with the little one, hanging out with family, visiting Chicago with my sister, going to a few weddings, and transitioning back to med school. I am excited for the warm weather and for Caila to grow a little older so that she can really explore the world. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?