Catching up

I know I haven't written in awhile but after my grandmother's death, I just didn't feel like doing much of anything, then I got sick, work got busy, bf came home, etc etc. Now I am just updating :)

Last month was good (besides the sick part). I went and saw both Avenue Q and In the Heights with Alex (both very good plays). I tried running more, going to the gym more, and have managed to finish all the experiments I need for a paper. Now I'm trying to decide what to do next work wise and stressing about my department RIP (Research In Progress).

I had thought that after giving so many talks, I would be less nervous but that is not true. I still like to over prepare, give tons of practice talks and invited people that can help me answer questions I don't know.

On the family front, Baby celebrated her fifth birthday. My parents had a big party for her at the little gym and she seemed to have enjoyed herself. Lil also celebrated her birthday but sadly, I wasn't there to see it. My parents are visiting her this coming week but I can't go because of work.

I once though the PhD part would be more flexible but in reality we are all driven by guilt so we stay longer then we should. I wish sometimes that it would be like med school when you know what time to be there and what time to leave. I still find it hard to balance things even though a year has passed.

I did manage to fit in a quick trip to Zion this past weekend. A and I went just by ourselves and we got a nice campsite near the entrance. It was A's first time doing angle's landing and I had wanted to take him to the Subway but sadly we couldn't get a permit so we went to kolob intead which is near the northwestern tip of Zion.

A and I are getting pretty serious I guess cause he is a regular at family dinners now and in a few weeks, I will be flying to Dallas to visit his family (I'm a little nervous about this).

Finally, I have started studying of step 2 (kindof) with a friend who is a third year. I figured it wouldn't be hard to commit 1hr per day to this and it certainly takes my mind off of other things.

Ok...a few pictures





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?