Car Train Book Hike

I forgot in my last post to mention that I was hit by a car. I was trying to turn right and the lanes were merging. The car in front of me stopped so I stopped but the car behind me rear ended me. To make things worse, the girl backed up and rear-ended me again. I haven’t have been hit in a long time so it really shook me up. I get tense everytime I am stopping for fear that the car behind will hit me. All this has led to a few things: a) a bunch of headache trying to get the damages estimated and eventually fixed b) a sense of gratefulness for it being a mild accident and c) a desire to take public transportation more.

As luck will have it, there is a direct trax line 3min from Dave’s house up to the university. I tried it for the first time last week but went to the station 20min away, got on the wrong line, and had to make Dave help me figure out what to do. It was a disaster. Since then though, I think I’ve rectified my mistakes and figured out how to get to work on time. It has been kindof nice too; an extra hour each way to do work or to read/relax on the train without the stress of driving. Plus, it saves me a lot of gas money. Hehe.

Currently, I am reading Second Suns on the train. It is a book by the same author who wrote Three Cups of Tea and it’s about providing ophthalmologic care to underdeveloped countries. One of the main characters in the book is Dr. Geoff Tabin who works at the Moran. He is someone I’ve always admired and it is fascinating to see how his life was shaped. I feel that though we are in the same profession and I want to follow his footsteps, we are so different. It is an excellent read.


Finally, this past weekend, I went to Zion with Dave and a few friends. It was an eclectic group: Me, Dave, his friend, my collage friend who flew in and her friend who happens who happens to be a fellow here. I think everyone got along great though and I did an awesome hike Saturday (east rim trail from one side of the park to the other). It was just the right amount of motivation to propel me to work hard when I got back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?