Family Medicine

I did it! I am officially done with MSIII forever!!!! We just got our grades back for Family Medicine so now I can breath a sign of relief that I passed everything. YAY! Reflections:

Things I liked:
- The hours!!! My attending worked 6am-6pm because he liked to get in early and review his patient's charts. I only worked 8-5 but having nights and weekends is wonderful!
- The breadth. I like seeing kids and adults

Things I disliked
- The monotony. It seemed like we saw the same things every day: diabetes diabetes diabetes!
- The patients. I am sorry to say this but I learned I am just NOT interested in outpatient. I first thought this might be because I had been shadowing too much before so if I saw and worked up patients on my own, it would be more fun but I was wrong. I find it all really boring and tiring and I find it hard relating to patients who aren't really sick, who are not compliant with their meds, and who always just wants more meds. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?