Today

So moab trip was great (see pics below) and my journal club went decently well. They told me I have to use more scientific language and order my introduction better but overall I think the department was impressed I picked a hard topic on a model organism I know very little about. Up next is a trip to St. George.

I am only kindof excited now about the weekend trip because Lilly called tonight to talk about her major/being premed. She seems set on quitting it all which is fine but I guess I was a little upset because a) she is so close to finishing and I just don't want her to lose opportunities and b) it's my birthday and the call kindof ruined it. I immediately started worrying about how my dad would react....he has sacrificed a lot for Lilly and I. The one thing he wished for us is job security and by having Lilly do premed, he hoped that at least she will have something to fall back on and she is just so darn close. sigh

Besides that, I had an amazing birthday. Experiments worked, Wendy from lab gave me a hand-made card (haha....it had Disney princesses on it in glittery dresses....) and Jae gave me a korean card (SO CUTE! with stitching on the cover!). I woke up to a present from Varshum (picture frame, bracelet, asian notepads, and a cute card). Then, after work, I went on a date with Alex (this asian guy I'm seeing). He was really nice. We went to the new Natural History museum (nerdy I know) then dinner at Chipotle (the only place open at 10pm) and had a walk around my office before ending the evening. Alex was super cute and got me chocholates + Tuesdays with Morrie! I think he may be a keeper. lol

Gosh. If it hadn't been for that worrying phone call from Lilly, this would have been a perfect day but that's how life is I guess....I am really worried about both her and my dad. Maybe talking to my mom tomorrow will help. I just wish I had someone to talk about it with tonight because now I can't sleep :(





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?