Death Begets Clarity and Grace

I went to Jennie’s Memorial this past Saturday. I flew into Denver in the morning and flew out the same day. It was sad but good for me because I think what Jennie would have wanted is for me to think of her and feel encouraged. Her death has put everything into perspective. I mourn a great friend but I carry with me her desire to make each person feel special, loved, and most of all memorable in the face of all that can happen.

One person who I hope knows I feel this way is my boyfriend. I haven’t talked about him much but I think I am ready to. First, I think I haven’t talked much about him to anyone because I am scared. I haven’t loved anyone in the same way and I’ve been living in fear that all this is setting me up for more heartbreak. However, in light of recent events, I’ve decided to jump in with both feet. It isn’t like the guy has ever made me doubt his love. Rather, he has been there for me in a kind of quiet sincerity I’ve never encountered. I feel equal and respected, loved and cared for, and I feel like I have found someone who grounds me.  In keeping with this month’s theme, I thought I’d share that I am really thankful for Dave.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?