New Holiday Tradition

The past week has been stressful but uneventful. Stressful because I had to give lab meeting to basically two labs. I had an early Thursday morning pow-wow with Andy to talk about my megakaryocyte project. We will be submitting my paper soon and he wanted to hear what paper(s) I will be working on next. The meeting was fine except I feel more stressed since there is more I have to do. My lab meeting to my own lab was equally stressful. All I can say is that it sucks when your PI is not excited about your project….

This weekend was fairly uneventful too. I had to work and teach Wilderness Medicine. I haven’t taught for the SLC WFA for a while now because my schedule hasn’t allowed me the flexibility to do so but there was a two-day course this past weekend and I double-teamed it with another instructor. It was a good time. I feel that we have put forth some new responders who will be capable of treating basic emergencies like fractures, head trauma, and allergic reactions. I also made a bit of money with is great for the holiday season. The only downfall of having to work so much is that Dave and I didn’t get to spend a lot of time together but we made chicken pot pie together Saturday night and he made me pork tenderloin a la crock-pot on Sunday.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I wanted to talk about holiday traditions. I have always admired families with traditions: ugly sweaters, PJs on Christmas morning, etc. Dave’s family does a huge secret santa thing while my family always takes a picture on Christmas day. But, I wanted to start some traditions of my own. This year for Thanksgiving, Dave and I will share with each other 5 things we are thankful for. I don’t want to reveal all of mine just yet but one thing I am thankful for this week is my health. Who knows how much longer I will be able to run, hike, swim, etc. so right now, I value the ability to do all these things. I also value the ability to do these things with the people I love.


OK. Enough jibberjabber. Here is a picture of Chubs. Dave gave this build-a-bear to me when I was sad about Jennie. He is sweet like that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?