Food, Friends, Family

Today I went to Brunch with a good high school friend named Mike. When Mike and I were in junior high, I made him so mad, he hit me on the head with a traffic cone. It always surprises me how we became close friends after that. Anyways...I digress. It was was Mike's birthday last week and since I missed it, I bought him brunch to make up for it. I also surprised him by invited Kevin (my best friend from high school). Kevin is permanently back from teaching in China and no one knew he was back except for me. It was a lot of fun seeing Mike's face because they are also good friends.


I met Kevin's girlfriend who is here for a month. It is always weird meeting your friend's significant others because there is an obligation to like them. In this case, I did like her so everything went well but what if I didn't? Do you tell? Do you just let it run its course? I never know.

I also got a massage with Ash today. There is a school here that gives massages at half the price because the students aren't certified yet. As a poor grad student myself, I was very glad to find a place where I can get a decent massage for only $25 per hour!

After the massage, I begrudgingly went to work. I am hating working on weekends but it turned out ok. I got some positive data for my paper (yay! almost done!) and I got to meet up with my family after for an amazing dinner. Now I am sitting in my bed too full to move. Haha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?