My First World Life

I know my blog has been fairly devoid of pictures lately but since I dropped my camera into the greek ocean a few month back, I have been stalling to buy a new one. Well…I finally purchased the canon sx280 from Costco. It comes with a 90day return policy so I can have it for a few month to make sure I like it.

I guess my impetus for finally making the jump is because I have some big trips coming up and we went to southern Utah this past weekend. The bf  had a camera so we were fine but I did feel a bit naked not documenting the trip. Speaking of southern Utah, we had a great time. We left on Friday to get a camp site and found one near the Island in the Sky area of Canyonlands (Horsetheif campground). We did a 6 mile hike in Canyonlands Friday and then on Saturday, we explored the Needles area. The bf hasn’t been before so it was fun showing him the area. We ended our trip with a 3 mile hike to Deliciate Arch on Sunday then lunch at the Moab brewery. Not bad: 3 days,  2 national parks, 25 miles!

OK…back to the camera. So I was hesitant to make the purchase because I have been going on a spending spree lately and am fearful that I won’t have enough for my December trips. I got a macbook air, a longchamp le pliage bag, and a new winter coat. These are some fairly big purchases and I love them all but you can see where the camera buying situation got me concerned. Haha….first world problems.

In other news, I went to my second football game ever last night. The bf had an extra ticket so we saw Utah play UCLA. I can’t say I love football but I had a good time. The game was fairly close which made it exciting. The only downside is that it is cold now and though it didn’t snow till after the game ended (literally right after), I was still REALLY REALLY cold.


Coming up this weekend…running, hiking, working (blah), and maybe pumpkin carving J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?