Work, Cleaning, Hiking, Sushi

It looks like I am only managing one post per week these days but it is better then nothing so it will have to do.

I have been busy…with work, friends, etc. On Saturday, I went to the gym and then went to work for a few hours. I had a meeting with my boss to go over the manuscript I am about to submit. It was actually a very productive meeting. My boss is a strategic thinker and we were able to hash out the weaknesses in my paper and how to better improve it so that it has a chance of being reviewed.

For those that don’t know, a good scientific article must stand the rigors of pure review. You usually try to send it to a high impact journal (aka…those with good impact factors), and then you wait to see if it will be reviewed. For journals like Nature and Cell, only about 10% of papers submitted will be reviewed and out of those, only a handful is actually accepted. If you do have the privilege of having a paper reviewed, you wait for 2-3 reviewers to read it and send the editor their comments. After, the editor will send the reviews to you so you can do a rebuttal (aka more experiments to answer the reviewer questions). If the editor/reviewers are satisfied with your rebuttal, they will accept your manuscript. However, there is still a potential for rejection or a second review. This whole process can take up to a year. I am hoping mine won’t take that long.

After work Saturday, I felt gross so I went home to shower and clean. I revamped my room. Since it is a room at my parent’s house, I couldn’t do much with it but I think it looks a bit better then before. I tried to use mostly brown and green tones since it is fall here. I want to add a few more pops of color but am not sure how yet.





I was a bit sad because I thought the bf didn’t want to hang out Saturday and I didn’t want to bother him if that was the case but he texted about a date. We ended up going to dinner at Finca’s (a really yummy tapas place) and then watched Monster’s University at the Dollar Theatre. I know…so original but I had a good time and LOVED the movie. There is just something cute about little monsters that had me gushing and I thought it was very Halloween appropriate.



Yesterday, I went hiking with the bf and some friends. We went up to Desolation Lake. Unfortunately, it was very muddy because of the snow we got last week but the weather was nice and the snow near the lake was beautiful. Because I don’t have my camera yet, I don’t have pictures to post but imagine a lake with snow-covered mountains and you pretty much get the gist.


We also went to a sushi place after. It was all you can eat! I didn’t know we had one here in Utah so it was exciting. We gorged ourselves on nigiri, hand rolls, and MANY roles of sushi. Yum! The bf and I were so stuff that we hardly ate anything the rest of the day. We just loafed around and watched the Italian Job. Great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?