Aha!

Today was a good day. I find that I am still sad about everyone being gone but for the first time since graduation, I am feeling like I'm finding my groove again. 

Lab was SUPER busy. I had to dissect a bunch of mice and with the help of my undergrad, I finally got through it all. Then, I quantified my results for a LONG in vivo experiment and I think it worked. I still have to run statistics to see if my drug rescue was statistically significant but I will do it again if it is not. I just can't believe it worked! This means I can send my paper to a higher journal for publication and I am super excited.

After work, I got to go to my monthly book club and today we discussed Hemingway's novel: Farewell to Arms. It is so refreshing to be in a room of highly intelligent people (many of whom are retired doctors) and to hear their perspectives on life. I find that in the midst of pursuing this career I sometimes forget what led me here which is the humanities and a love for narrative medicine. Book club reminds me of this.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?