PhD Paper 1

So....my rescue experiment worked! YAY! If you have ever done research, you will know that it is not enough to find/define and phenotype. It doesn't matter if you think something is caused by a certain pathway or some gene is important for disease, you really have to prove it. And, the most definitive proof is if you can down/up-regulate that gene/protein/pathway and rescue your phenotype. Today, I accomplished just that aim!

This means I can start writing my first paper all by myself. I feel like a big kid...you know...like one that doesn't have to wear diapers anymore or something along those lines. If all goes well, I can churn out another paper in the next few years and be done with this whole business.

The only problem is, I've never actually written a paper. The last time I wrote something was for this blog and we all know how different scientific writing is. Eek...I am scared. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?