I am shallow and mean

Today was uneventful except I had one of the worst dates ever. I kindof liked the guy so I was fairly hopeful going in but he took me to pei wei restaurant and was so arrogant/racist, I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to be mean and since I have been guilty of not giving people a real chance in the past, I proceeded with the date....going for a walk in a park. He had something else planned after that but I asked him to take me back to my car because I wasn't feeling it. Mean right? but I wanted to be honest and not waste either of our times. I think he was really hurt cause he thought it was going well but to make matters worse, he started telling me about all the girls interested in him and about how I was going to regret it. He told me that there is something wrong with me and that I probably have deep psychological issues I haven't dealt with. I told him he didn't have to be mean about it and that I think he is a good guy but not the right fit for me. I wished him luck and he told me he doesn't need luck. Then he texted me this tonight:

Guy: "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you"

Me: "It's fine. It was nice meeting you"

Guy: "We don't have to stop so bitter you know. It was not that bad. I don't know why it went down that way."

(Internal dialogue: It was not that bad!?!?!?! I went home crying because you were so mean!!!])

Me: "You've got a lot of girls interested in you and I respect myself too much to date someone who said all those things so take care"

Guy: "How do you know I don't want you. Maybe if you stopped and thought...I actually thought about asking you to be my girlfriend if we clicked"

(internal dialogue: Really? Let me come running back now...because I am SO desperate to be your girlfriend)....in actuality, I just ignored the texts so 5 min later:

Guy: "That's mean Dallas. I'm trying to put a effort for you. Do you like me or your just confused? Because your making me confused"

5 min later:

Guy: "Ok I get it bye"

10 min later:

Guy: "By the way, I'm still here for you and I'll leave my door open. Just tell me when you are ready"

Sigh...FML. I am sad. Not because the date went so poorly but because I will have to do this again...and again...AND again. Plus, I feel like a cold heartless bitch who doesn't really deserve to be close to anyone. I think I am feeling like Nia Vardalos in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" cept witout the greek or wedding parts. Aka this:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?