Arrogance and Dating

Two unrelated topics. First, I am sick of being judged by PhDs to be incompetent because I am  also getting an MD! No, the PhD is not easier for me then it is for you. Yes, I don't have to take the same number of classes as you but I am SORRY if my 2 years of med school classes = your 1 year of PhD classes. And if I don't know something, it is not because I am a med student. It is because I actually don't know it! You didn't at one point either!

I swear the arrogant wanna-be researchers who ARE MDs give us a bad rep. And the arrogant MD/PhDs just add fuel to the fire. Case in point...there is a fellow down the hall from me who is making everyone mad because he thinks he knows everything. Yet he can't get any data. It doesn't matter that everyone else can do the exact same procedure with favorable results...he just can't do it and he thinks it's not his fault. Then, I went to another MD/PhD's defense and she had nothing. NOTHING! No papers, no co-authorships, nada! And she graduated (mostly because everyone is scared of her and the department wants her out). But still, it a) makes me not want to try so hard cause I'm going to get the degree anyways right? and b)it makes other students hate us. To top things off, both individuals are arrogant. I hope the future me doesn't come off that way. Arrogance = folly.

In other news, I'm dating again and I HATE it. I went on two dates today (yes two!). I canceled one from yesterday because I wasn't feeling it and wanted a night off but that meant I had to suffer through two today. First date:

Guy: "So...um...what do you do?"

Me: [insert abbreviated life story then ask the same]

Guy: [20min rampage about his life, his friends, the trouble with his parents, etc]

Me: [trying to nod while thinking about other things]

Second date:

Me: [So you use to work in industry. What are you doing now?]

Guy: [40 min rant about geology and then north korea and then retroorbital bleeds....]




Needless to say, neither date went well. I don't know if the guys know that though cause they both texted me that they had a great time. I however did not. The whole time, I was wondering a) how to get away and b) what is the soonest I can end things and not appear rude. Blah...I am an old maid at 26.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?