Ballet Barre

So I have been working out more lately which has lifted my mood. I was going to classes at the school gym but they upped the prices so I decided to look elsewhere. Plus, I figured since I am living with my parent (and hence saving money), I can spring for a gym membership. Turns out, a friend does ballet barre and I tried it/loved it! It is a combination of ballet and Pilates and appeals to my secret desire to be a ballerina. Unfortunately, I am not as graceful or coordinated as the rest of the people in my class but it is a GREAT work out. Perhaps its a secret because I am a bit embarrassed about it but I danced at Capital Theater when I was little and that made me fall in love with dance. I love dance shows: aka Dance Moms, So You Think You Can Dance, etc. and I was part of USC's chinese dance team for a bit. I've always wanted to dance more but there are few opportunities outside of ballroom dance for adults so ballet barre was a great fit.



In other news, there has been some exciting developments in the lab and I am super excited about my project right now. The down side is that I am working late every day but all well. Baby also got one of her teeth pulled yesterday. It was fine. Apparently they have TVs on the ceilings now to distract kids. TV + Laughing gas = happy happy baby. I wish they had those in my day. I remember the horror of the dentist and I have some black cavity fillings to show for it (because back in my day they didn't even have white fillings).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done!!!!

Undergrads aka Minions

What goes down must come up?